Monday, August 17, 2009

First day back.







Today we started with Ping!

All went well except the attitude of Eva at the very end. I'm thinking that despite sleeping in she's still tired from Summer camp. I have to remind myself that she has only just turned 7 and to have a little more patience with her. In the end, she finished up what was required, gave me a hug and went for a rest on her bed with her Nintendo DS.

Earlier in the morning while I popped out to introduce Isaac to his Teacher at his new pre school, Anna had gotten on the internet and looked up information about China :) The babysitter thought I'd asked her to (I hadn't) and when I got back she rattled off many facts which she's already memorised, including that ice-cream was first made in China about 2000 BC. I think they're really going to LOVE FIAR.

The girls only came back from girl scout camp yesterday. They went to Skylark Ranch which is in California at the foot of the mountains near Santa Cruz. They were only gone 3 nights/4 days and they came home grubby, dirty, smelly, tired BUT with huge smiles!

Isaac starts at his new school, next Monday 24th August. He is going to love it. I had to literally drag him out of there this morning and on the way home we stopped at Target and bought a ' big boy' lunch box and drink bottle to take to school with his 'big boy' backpack next week. There are only 15 in his class with one Teacher and 2 aides. There is a 50/50 mix of neurotypical children and children with differing disabilities, including another 2 with autism. We really feel it's the right place for him at the moment and he has individual therapy after class finishes on site so that is fantastic for me. I'm going to miss having him around me all day but I think he will thrive in that environment and I still get to have him most of the afternoon :) He is so funny. Today on the way to his school he told me, out of the blue, "Mum, my cheeks are blind, but my eyes can see"! LOL

Jude and Anna with both start their home based ABA/play therapies around the same time so we will have to wait and see how our days look. At the moment it looks like Jude will have therapy every day from 9:30-11am and Anna will have therapy 11-1pm every day. That should give us enough time to get the fundamentals of school done (at least all the interactive parts) whilst Isaac is at school and Jude is occupied with therapy and before Anna needs to start her therapy. Then we'll (A,E,J and I) have lunch, pick up Isaac (1:30 or 2pm depending on the day) and we'll have about three hours left to fit in playing, resting, baths, dance, cooking and dinner. Phew! It makes me tired just thinking about it. I know once we have a routine down pat it will be a lot easier and things will just flow so I'm looking forward to getting to that point.

Now time to pack the girls workboxes and plan things out for tomorrow so that I can actually talk to Rik tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.