Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another good day.







The girls started school early and finished early again today and this seems to work well.

They had a great incentive; their little friend was coming for a play :) They've already had a fashion show.......................you really don't want to know what their room looks like right now.......and now they're upstairs with Isaac cuddling on the couch.

I, in the meantime have FINALLY finished out all of the information, worksheets and instructions for MEP Maths. It's a Math programme based on the Hungarian system and currently being trialed in some English schools. What makes this sytem different is that it actually trains the students to think in a mathematical way. It looks very interesting so I'm excited to try it with them, especially Anna who has convinced herself that she can't do Math. Eva, on the other hand is strong in Math so I've decided to combine the two to makes things easier for all of us (at least at this stage).

I'm going to go to the copy shop later this afternoon to get the sheets bound into a book to make it easier to work with. We'll be implementing it starting Monday so I'll post about how it's being received :)..........................Monday will be a big day for us with Isaac starting his pre school. He's very anxious and excited.........I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets there and we're allowed to stay with him the first day so I've already booked the babysitter for a couple of hours :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you to be trying MEP. What level are you beginning with? For your Anna, especially, I recommend working really closely with her at the beginning of each question. Otherwise I think you'll find every lesson taking hours!! Also, I have found it really important to include myself as 'one of the students'. I answer some questions too - Jemimah shouldn't have to do it all, after all!!

    Do let me know how you're going.

    I look forward to getting to know you and your family through the pages of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanne. We're really looking forward to starting it today. I'll take your advice on board and will let you know how we're doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.